1. Deauthorize your License KeyIf you have registered TMG Reporter with a valid license key, you will need to first deauthorize the key so it can be used on your new server. To do this:
- Go to Settings | Licenses
- Click Edit License Keys
- Remove the key(s) from the list
- Click Save License Keys.
2. Copy the Data LocationBy default, TMG Reporter stores its data in C:\ProgramData\Fastvue\TMG Reporter unless you changed this during installation. You can find your data location by going to Settings | Data Storage.
Copy this folder onto your new server. Make sure you copy it to a drive that has enough disk space to accommodate 25% of TMG's log file data. i.e. If TMG is logging 1 GB per day, allow for 250 MB per day, up to the data retention policy specified in Settings | Data Storage.
3. Update the Fastvue Access Rule on your TMG ServerWhen you first set up TMG Reporter, you installed the Arbiter on your TMG Server and added an access rule to enable communication on port 49361 between your TMG Server and the TMG Reporter server.
Log into your TMG Server and update this rule so to include your new server. For detailed instructions see step 5 in our article The Best Forefront TMG Configuration for TMG Reporting
4. Install TMG ReporterEnsure your new server meets TMG Reporter's recommended requirements, and install the latest version of TMG Reporter by downloading from http://fastvue.co/download (for a list of builds and changes see http://fastvue.co/dev)
During the installation, after you have selected the site to install to, you are asked to specify TMG Reporter's data location. This should default to C:\ProgramData\Fastvue\TMG Reporter. Change this to the folder you copied the previous install's data location to (see step 2 above).
5. Update the Fastvue ArbiterMake sure you can access the downloaded installation executable from your TMG Server. Then log into your TMG Server and run the executable. Select the second option to install the Fastvue Arbiter. Proceed through the wizard selecting the default options. This will update the 'Fastvue Arbiter' service that is already running on your TMG Server.
6. TestYou should now be able to browse to your new TMG Reporter site on the new server. Go to the Sources page and check that TMG Reporter is importing records from your TMG Server (give this a minute or two).
Check other settings such as Settings | Email, and Settings | Data Storage to ensure everything is set correctly. Go to Reports and click 'Show Existing Reports' to ensure your previous reports were copied across.
7. LicenseBefore the 30 day trial expires, make sure you apply your license key in Settings | Licenses.
If you have any trouble, or would like assistance migrating your software, please contact Fastvue Support.